OMHA has recently mandated that COVID-19 vaccines are required for participation in minor hockey this season. Please find the link below to the OMHA Vaccination Policy document.
The policy in place requires all 'Affected Persons' to be Fully Vaccinated (i.e.: including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose) by October 31, 2021.
This policy applies to the following 'Affected Persons':
• Players born in 2009 or earlier
• Team Officials (Coaches, Trainers and Managers, etc.)
• Game Officials (referees, lines persons, timekeepers, etc.)
• Association Officials (minor hockey association directors, officers, executive and staff)
• OMHA Officials (directors, officers, executive and staff, including hockey development personnel)
• Instructors (third parties engaged by Associations or Teams to provide specialized instruction (e.g., power skating, goaltending coaching)
At present, this policy does not apply to hockey players born in 2010 or later, or to hockey spectators.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT LOCAL PUBLIC HEALTH UNIT AND MUNICIPAL POLICIES AND MANDATES TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY OF THE OMHA POLICIES IN PLACE.
OMHA COVID-19 UPDATES
OMHA will continue to update details related to these policies and direction to local associations such as ours. For the most available information related to the league policies and their plans, see the links below.
In light of these announcements, we acknowledge that some families will be withdrawing their registration from the 2021-22 season. If you do NOT plan to have your player participate in the current season, you may request a withdrawal. A withdrawal request must be sent in writing to [email protected].
By submitting a request for withdrawal, you acknowledge that you will not be able to participate in any ZMAA programming for the 2021-22 season and will not be able to rejoin our organization for this season under the current Covid vaccination policies as outlined by OMHA.
All of us with Zurich Minor Athletic Association look forward to having the safest return to hockey as possible and appreciate your continued participation in youth minor hockey.